One thing I have been missing is our magazine collection. I don't subscribe to many magazines–all that recycling!–but I used to enjoy taking a break and skimming through a pile, from the serious (The Economist) to the less serious (Elle Decor).
Since it will be a while before we're back to sharing print magazines, the Library has subscribed to a collection of over 3,000 digital magazines. This collection is available through OverDrive–I use the Libby app to access them–and there's no limit as to how many people can borrow a magazine at a time. To borrow a favorite magazine, Open Libby, click on Library, then search by title. To see what's new, tap on Explore from the home screen, then What's New?, then click New in Magazines.
You can read the magazines on a smartphone, iPad, or computer. When you see an article you want to read, click on it and you'll be prompted to Read the Article. This opens up the article, making for easier reading.
Let us know what you think of this collection.
- Magazines are only available to White Plains cardholders.
- There are unlimited simultaneous checkouts for magazines, no holds or waitlists.
- Magazines won't count against your checkout limit, you can still borrow a maximum of ten eBooks/audiobooks as well as magazines.
- From the title details page of the current issue, you have the option to see and borrow back issues by clicking “select another issue.”
- Magazines will follow our standard Libby lending term, which is 14 days, but being that there are no waitlists, you can simply renew the title and get continued access immediately.