With limited access to the library building this summer, we’re taking our Summer Reading Game completely online. Instead of visiting the Trove or the Edge, you’ll track your reading on the Read Squared platform. Visit the website or download the app. You will need to create a free account and register first to get started.
The Summer Reading Game kicks off on Monday, July 6 and runs through Friday, August 14.
Earn points by
- Every minute you spend reading
- Attending certain virtual library programs
- Completing “missions” that we’ve designed for you
- For every 100 points, you’ll get a virtual badge and another virtual entry for the raffle
- At 1000 points, you finish the program and earn a certificate
What are the prizes that those raffle tickets go towards?
- Pre-K Program: Family fun gift baskets with toys, games and activities
- K-6 Program: Back-to-School backpacks for each grade with school supplies and fun stuff
- Teen Program: a Kindle Fire tablet
Summer Reading Lists
Check out this year’s summer reading lists here. In the lists, you will find links to most of the reading list titles in ebook and eaudiobook formats to read or listen to on your devices. In addition, you can take advantage of curbside pickup to bring home physical books.
Remember, the majority of lists are just suggestions of titles to read, with only a few lists having required reading, also feel free to call the library and ask your favorite librarian for suggestions on what to read this summer! Just read, read, read!
We can’t wait to hear about your favorite book of the summer!