- Opportunities for early literacy, language learning, job advancement, teen activities, family
programs, art exhibits, cultural celebrations, book groups and more
- Technology such as 3-D printers, virtual reality, supplies for robotics and coding classes, CRICUT
(a digital die-cutter), and circulating laptops
- Author visits including virtual and in-person programs with Frank Bruni, Ron Chernow, Sloane
Crosley, Anita Hill, Erik Larson, James McBride, Nancy Pearl, and others!
- Raised over $7 million in private support for the Library
- Completed three successful capital campaigns for the Trove (for children), the Edge (for teens)
and the Hub (for adults)
- Helped the Library respond to COVID through support for virtual programming, Grab & Go Kits,
Mobile Hot Spots, Wi-Fi in the Plaza, and more!
- Donate Here or mail a check
- Ask your employer about matching gifts
- Talk with us about sponsoring a program
- Attend Foundation events and support the Annual Appeal
John Steward, Vice President
Graham Trelstad, Vice President
Janet Bailey, Treasurer
Yuki Itoh Haynes
Barbara R. Loucks
Jessica Rao Lonski
Don Simmons, Jr.
Nicholas R. Wolff
100 Martine Avenue
White Plains, New York 10601
Federal Tax ID 13-3943092
Nancy Rubini, WPLF Executive Director (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Library Administration 914-422-1407
Public libraries benefit from planned gifts that make it possible to adapt to changing community needs, especially during uncertain economic cycles that can affect government budgets. That's why we're asking you to consider providing instructions in your will for a planned gift. Making plans for a future gift creates a legacy for generations to come and helps ensure the Library stays responsive, innovative, and accessible.
Bequests are a common type of planned gift and it's not complicated to add language to a will. Here’s an example of text that includes the information needed to create an unrestricted bequest to benefit the Library:
I hereby bequeath _____% of my estate (or $____ ) to the White Plains Library Foundation, Inc., a 501c(3) nonprofit organization located at 100 Martine Avenue in White Plains, NY 10601, tax ID number 13-3943092.
The Foundation appreciates unrestricted bequests because the gift can be directed to where its needed most, however, a specific bequest for a particular purpose is also a meaningful way to invest in the Library's future. While bequests are a popular type of planned gift, other options include gifts of life insurance, retirement plan benefits and other assets.
Please check with a legal advisor to confirm what’s best for your situation. If you’d like to discuss a legacy gift to benefit the Library, please contact the Foundation’s Executive Director, Nancy Rubini email@example.com
Nancy Rubini, WPLF Executive Director
Library Administration: 914-422-1407