GOAL 1: The White Plains Public Library will provide excellent opportunities for adults to learn
- Create a physical space for adults that is welcoming, versatile, and user-friendly.
- Offer programs, resources and collections that stimulate individual and group learning.
- Expand partnerships with nonprofits and businesses to increase educational programming; utilize expertise of community residents.
- Provide opportunities for multi-generational interaction and learning.
- Offer new services that will bring adults into the Library and provide them with the resources and opportunities for personal growth.
GOAL 2: The White Plains Public Library will extend its services and resources to users
- Identify emerging audiences and their needs.
- Develop and implement targeted strategies and collections for engaging new users.
- Seek opportunities to provide library services and collections outside the building.
- Use technology to broaden the availability of library services beyond the building.
- Create and implement a marketing plan to increase visibility and use of the Library.
GOAL 3: The White Plains Public Library will maximize its current space
- Create and implement a design plan for improving the attractiveness of the exterior of building to encourage greater use of the Library by individuals and groups.
- Renovate and enhance spaces for showcasing community arts and cultural offerings; develop a mission for Library support of the arts.
- Create strategies and partnerships for expanded programming in the Library Plaza.