- FUND major furnishings and equipment, such as our grand piano, VCR projector, tables and chairs for tots and PC's for all.
- SPONSOR exciting free events, such as our outstanding jazz and classical concert series and new Children's Book Discussion Group.
- CO-SPONSOR Museum Gallery exhibitions, programs and receptions.
- MAKE the Library more beautiful and functional with gifts such as plantings, pillows for the Story Steps, stepstools and meeting room tables.
- UNDERWRITE hospitality at special meetings and events.
- OFFER revenue producing items for sale, such as book bags, mugs and postcards.
- ORGANIZE AND RUN two major book sales each year, and some “minis” in between.
- SUPPORT staff enrichment and recognition.
- PROVIDE volunteers for special library projects.
PLEASE JOIN! WITH YOUR HELP – WE CAN DO EVEN MORE!
Friends membership levels include:
Benefactor $100, Sponsor $50, Patron/Family $25, Basic/Individual $15, Senior $5
DUES ARE TAX DEDUCTIBLE. THE LIBRARY IS ELIGIBLE FOR MOST MATCHING GIFT PROGRAMS.
(Make checks payable to The Friends of the White Plains Public Library)
Volunteers are always welcome for…
Book Sales, Special Projects, Hospitality, Mailings, Membership, Music Committee, Newsletter, Homebound Service, and Much More!
For more information contact:
The Friends of the White Plains Public Library
100 Martine Avenue
White Plains, NY 10601