It’s almost time to make plans for this summer. When it comes to volunteering at the library, we’re offering three different volunteer opportunities for White Plains teens.
In a favorite volunteer activity, teens are paired with children who are learning to read. July 8 through August 7: Mondays 2-5 pm, Tuesdays 4-7 pm, and Wednesdays 2-5 pm. Teens (Grades 9-12 only) must:
- fill out an application form (available May 7 & due June 7)
- attend one of two training sessions: Monday, 7/1, 3-4 pm; or Tuesday, 7/2, 5-6 pm
- commit to volunteering one day per week for four out of the five weeks
- be White Plains residents in grades 9-12
Teens in grades 7-12 can earn community service hours on Tuesdays from 3-5 pm, from July 9 through August 13 in the Edge Media Lab. Each week we'll work on a different project to benefit a local organization. Registration recommended; space is limited. This program is supported by the Allstate Foundation.
Teens will guide small groups of elementary school age children in exploring our collection of STEM activities. Thursdays: July 11 & 25, 4-6:30 pm; August 8 & 25, 4-6:30 pm. Teens (grades 9-12) must:
- attend a training session Thursday, June 27, 4-5 pm
- fill out application (available May 7 & due June 7)
- commit to volunteering twice during the summer
For a printable application, click here.