Dear Library Patrons,
As you know, Westchester County is experiencing an outbreak of the Novel Coronavirus, also known as COVID-19. A respiratory illness, it is spread from person to person and is occurring in countries around the world.
The White Plains Public Library is committed to the health and well-being of both the public and the Library’s staff. At present, there is no change in our hours, operations or procedures. However, we are taking some preparatory steps:
- Throughout the Library, you will find hand sanitizers. There are wall-mounted sanitizers in the Lobby, the Café, the Edge, and on the second floor outside the Trove. Public service desks also have hand sanitizers and hand sanitizer wipes. And best of all, we have plenty of hot water and soap in the bathrooms.
- When borrowing materials, please use the self-check machines. Staff members are available to assist you.
- Please return all materials through the book drop. Two are located to the left of the entrance and one inside the lobby near the checkout desk.
- We are doubling down in our cleaning of high-touch areas, such as door handles and other surfaces.
- Toys and games in the Trove and the Edge are off-limits for now. Our Trove Time program will be storytime.
- We are investing even more in eBooks and digital audiobooks. This is a great time to explore our entire virtual collection, including streaming movies, TV, and music.
- Have material that’s due but can’t make it to the Library? Just call us, we’ll work with you.
We will use this website to communicate any changes in service because of the Coronavirus, so check back. Or call us or use our online chat platform.
For authoritative information about the Coronavirus, bookmark these links.
Finally, here’s my favorite hand washing video: