Just because you’re stuck at home (and can’t get physical books from the Library) doesn’t mean storytime can’t take place. While screen time has always been a concern, perhaps that concern could be let slide to get great books read-aloud to your child. Check out these resources for online storytimes. Some are from the Library’s resources and others are hand-selected by Trove librarians.
- Daddy-Daughter Storytime with White Plains Public Library’s Youth Services Manager, Josh Carlson.
- Morning and Evening Storytimes from Trove Librarians on Tuesdays and Thursdays starting April 7.
- Bedtime Stories for Teens and Adults with Edge Librarian Erik Carlson, every evening.
- Libby: Access an abundance of e-materials, including e-books for kids, from the Library’s catalog through Libby.
- Kanopy Kids: Available for unlimited use with your library card for the next 30 days, in addition to great kids movies and TV shows, Kanopy Kids offers a wide-variety of picturebook read-aloud videos.
- Tumble Book Library: Story book videos, read alouds, read alongs, and a variety of activities.
- Comics Plus: Do your kids and teens like comics? A great selection of e-comics, including many popular titles, available online.
Other Recommended Sites
- White Plains CSD Superintendent of Schools, Dr. Joseph Ricca does a daily read-aloud of picture books on Facebook.
- Storyline Online
Leave a Reply