Some of the sites listed here may be offering some content free of charge or may be offering free access currently in response to the virus, but will move to a charge model again in the future. Please take care when using these sites to avoid unwanted charges.
Great Ideas for Activities and Experiences
- Need Virtual Elmo Hugs? Sesame Street has New COVID-19 Resources for Kids.
- Fun Things to Do at Home from Today’s Parent.
- Virtual Field Trips from Arizona State University.
- Together When Apart – Daily Inquiries to Consider How We Stay Together Even When Socially Distanced – for teachers, caregivers, and children in grades K-5. These inquiries could be good prompts to use in with the Library’s PandemiComic submissions.
Picture Books, Read Alouds, and Storytimes
- White Plains CSD Superintendent of Schools, Dr. Joseph Ricca does a daily read-aloud of picture books on Facebook.
- Daddy-Daughter Storytime with White Plains Public Library’s Youth Services Manager, Josh Carlson.
- Morning and Evening Storytimes from Trove Librarians on Tuesdays and Thursdays starting April 7.
- Bedtime Stories for Teens and Adults with Edge Librarian Erik Carlson, every evening.
Learning at Home Resources
- Free online AP courses.
- Top 21 Kids Websites to Teach Responsibility and Life Skills.
- Learn a Language for Free Through June from Babbel.
- Free Daily Learning Workbooks from edHelper.
- Free Math, ELA and Science Educational Videos and Materials for K-12 from Great Minds.
- Legends of Learning – Includes Options for Student-Driven and Parent-Driven Home Learning Experiences Using Fun Standards-Aligned Math and Science Games.
- For Parents and Caregivers – Two Free Courses on Reading at Home from DeeperDive Learning:
Building Reading Fluency at Home.
- How to Read With Your Child.
- OFFLINE Tech Activities compiled by Austin Olney, the Library’s Digital Media Specialist: [link to blog post]
- Amazon Future Engineer Free Courses.
- Generation Genius science videos – 1 month free.
- Science Experiments at Home for Kids.
- Full STEM Ahead – Live Online STEM Courses for ages 8-18.
- Learn Unity Coding with Unity Premium through June.
- Ask an Anthropologist (grades K-12).
- Ask a Biologist (grades K-12).
- Ology – Science Learning from the American Museum of Natural History.
- Flinn Scientific At Home Lab Video Series.
- Flinn Scientific At Home Activities for Middle and High School Students.