Library patrons now have access to over 3,000 magazines titles digitally through OverDrive or the Libby App. All you need is a White Plains Library card to access them. For information on getting a library card, click here.
For instructions on accessing our digital magazine collections in either Libby or OverDrive, see below.
1. Open the Libby app
2. Click on the Magnifying glass.
3. Click on the three little dots next to “Westchester Library System.”
4. Next to the word “Format” click on “Any” and select “Magazines.”
5. If you click “Search” you will get a page with all of the Magazine titles. You can also search for a specific Magazine by entering a word or words next to the magnifying glass.
6. If you click Search without entering any words, you can then click on “Refine” if you want to limit by “Subject.”
For a video tutorial on browsing magazines in the Libby App, click here.
1. Log into your OverDrive account.
2. Click on Collections and to the right under “Magazines” you can either view titles by subject or choose “See All.” To see even more than what appears, click on “Load More” at the bottom of the page.
3. You can also search for titles by clicking on “Search” next to the magnifying glass. This will bring up all items, not just magazines, that have your search term and you can browse through the results to look for the magazine.
4. When you click on “Search”, you will see “Advanced” on the screen. This will bring you to a page where you can limit to just Magazines by clicking on “Formats” and choosing “OverDrive Magazine” Put the name of the Magazine in the Title box and once you click search, only magazines will appear.