Valentine’s Day can be a wonderful opportunity to teach kids about interpersonal relationships. Whether it is their relationship with their siblings & parents, classmates & teachers, or the children's librarian at your local public library! This can be a great learning experience for kids to understand and appreciate these different relationships.
Please check out the books and videos listed below for suggestions.
Available in the Library Lobby starting Monday, February 6th at 10:00 a.m. while supplies last.
Valentine’s Day-themed Grab & Go kits for children in Kindergarten through 3rd grade.
Valentine’s Day Stories & Stuff – We Heart Pizza!
Afternoon stories and craft for ages 2 to 6. We will read a few books about pizza and then create our paper heart shaped pizzas.
This event will be in Galaxy Hall (the Trove), from 4:30 – 5:30 on Tuesday, February 14th.
- Clifford’s First Valentine’s Day by Norman Bridwell
- Ellie’s Lovely Idea by Callie Barkley
- ¡Feliz Dia de San Valentin! = Happy Valentine’s Day by Elizabeth Ritter
- Fluffy’s Valentine’s Day by Kate McMullan
- Happy Valentine’s Day, Dolores by Barbara Samuels
- 1, 2, 3 Valentine’s Day by Jeanne Modesitt
- Nancy Clancy, Secret Admirer by Jane O’Connor
- Curious George: Be My Valentine
- Madly Madagascar
- My Little Pony Friendship is Magic: Hearts and Hooves
- Teen Titans Go!: Be My Valentine
- The Valentines Collection
A Valentine’s Poem:
Five Little Valentine’s
This classic valentine’s poem is fun for kids to memorize:
5 little valentines just for you
The first one says, “My love is true.”
The second one says, “You have my heart.”
The third one says, “Let us never part.”
The fourth one says, “Won’t you please be mine?”
The fifth one says, “‘Til the end of time.”