COVID-19 Best Practices Policy
To allow patrons access to the White Plains Public Library (Library) during the COVID-19 pandemic, the Library Board of Trustees (Board) adopts this COVID Best Practices Policy (CV-19 Policy).
The Board’s authority to adopt this Policy is found in the Library Charter, Board Bylaws,and New York Education Law Sections 255, 260, 226, and 8 NYCRR 90.2. The Board has determined this CV-19 Policy is necessary to maintain accessibility to Library resources and services while maintaining the well-being of staff and patrons. The CV-19 Policy will remain in effect until concerns about pandemic health concerns subside to such an extent that the Board determines modification and or termination of the CV-19 Policy is warranted.
WPPL Staff have the authority to enforce the measures set forth in this CV-19 Policy as they would any other Library Code of Conduct. Concerns about this CV-19 Policy should be directed to Library Director Brian Kenney. We appreciate and thank you for your adherence and commitment to the CV-19 Policy measures, and keeping staff, patrons and the community safe when accessing the Library and its resources.
All staff and patrons must abide by the following protective practices:
- Ages 2 and up must wear a face mask at all times.
- Utilize social distancing, including while on line for library services.
- Elevator use by only one person or family at a time.
- Disinfect computer keyboards and workspaces before and after use.
- Practice good hygiene, including covering coughs and sneezes, coughing into a shoulder or bend of arm.
- Wash hands frequently or use alcohol hand sanitizer. Wear gloves where practicable.
- Do not gather or socialize in groups.
- Employ other routine practices to help minimize the spread of germs as defined by the Library.
In the event any best practices measure is not practicable on the basis of a disability, please contact Assistant Library Director Kathy Degyansky to explore a reasonable accommodation.
To aid the community in honoring the CV-19 Policy and best practices measures, the Library will transmit the CV-Policy through social media, the Library’s newsletters, and other available means of communication.
Code of Conduct
Adherence to these best practices shall be enforced as a requirement of the Library’s Code of Conduct until such time as this CV-19 policy is modified or revoked.
Approved and adopted by the White Plains Public Library Board of Trustees 10 June 2020
Suspended by the White Plains Public Library Board of Trustees 14 September 2022