The Library's 2020 Summer Reading Game kicks off Monday, July 6 and runs through Friday, August 14!
With limited access to the library building this summer, we’re taking our Summer Reading Game completely online. Instead of visiting the Trove or the Edge, you’ll track your reading on the READsquared platform.
Visit the READsquared website or download the app to create a free account and get started. See below for more information on getting started with READsquared. Note: You can register in READsquared now and sign up for the Summer Reading Game, however not all features will be live until July 6, including logging reading and activities.
Earn points to complete the program, earn a certificate and be entered into raffles for prizes. Earn a point:
- For every minute you spend reading!
- By attending certain virtual library programs.
- By completing “Missions” that we’ve designed for you.
For every 100 points, you’ll get a virtual badge and another entry for the prize raffle. At 1000 points, you finish the program and earn a certificate.
What are the prizes that those raffle tickets go towards?
- Pre-K Program: Family fun gift baskets with games, toys and activities.
- K-6 Program: “Back to School” backpacks for each grade with school supplies and fun stuff.
- Teen Program: a Kindle Fire tablet.
Check out this year’s Summer Reading Lists! In the lists, you will find links to most of the reading list titles in eBook and digital audiobook formats to read or listen to on your devices. In addition, you can take advantage of Curbside Pickup to bring home physical books.
Remember, the majority of lists are just suggestions of titles to read. Only a few lists have required reading, so also feel free to call the library and ask your favorite librarian for suggestions on what to read this summer! Just read, read, read!
We can’t wait to hear about your favorite book of the summer!
How to Get Started with READsquared
- Download the READsquared app, available free in both the Apple App Store and the Google Play Store. Install and search for White Plains Public Library, NY.
- OR, go to the READsquared website.
- Create a free account for your family.
- First you’ll see prompts for information about you; just select the “choose a program later” option for yourself.
- Next, add your child(ren) to your account.
- On July 6th, login to READsquared and follow the prompts to log your child’s reading and complete missions.
- Call the library at 914-422-1476 if you have questions.
You can find this post in Spanish here.