We are very pleased that the Library reopened on Thursday, April 29th. A huge thanks goes to all of our patrons for their patience as we navigated this past year.
Some facts about our service updates:
- We reopened with the exact same level of service we offered over the summer: Patrons are welcome to browse the first floor collections and check out material.
- Appointments are no longer required to visit the Trove. We will still be mindful of the number of people using the space at any given time, so we may ask you to wait a few moments before entering until another visitor leaves.
- Our Grab & Go service ended with the close of business, Wednesday, April 28th. Effective Thursday, April 29th we reverted to having a Holds collection. Patrons will need to come into the building and check out holds material.
- Come September 1st, we will return to regular hours (Monday-Thursday, 10:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m.; Friday, 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.; Saturday, 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.; and Sunday, 1:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.).
- For questions about available services call (914) 422-1480.
- Public computing is back. We currently have 9 computer available in The Hub. Copying and faxing–20 pages maximum–is also back.
- Seating is now available, including the long study tables as well as the counters behind the fiction collection.
- We've launched a new service: lending laptops. Each laptop comes bundled with a hotspot. Read more about our circulating laptop program here.
- You can reserve a study room for up to two hours, for a maximum of two people. Read more about our study rooms here.
- Starting September 7th, The Edge's hours will be 3:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. More seating will be available, and the TV will return for movie screenings.
- On Tuesday, July 6th, the Friends Bookstore will reopen. The café will be opening later in the summer. We will begin accepting book donations later in the month, date TBD!
- Remember, masks must be worn at all times when in the Library. Please practice social distancing.
- All our programs will continue online for the foreseeable future.
- Museum Passes & HotSpots are available for patrons to checkout or reserve for future use here.
Over the coming weeks and months, we look forward to expanding our services and programs.
Questions? Drop me a line.