We are very pleased that the Library reopened on Thursday, April 29th. A huge thanks goes to all of our patrons for their patience as we navigated this past year.
Some facts about our service updates:
- We reopened with the exact same level of service we offered over the summer: Patrons are welcome to browse the first floor collections and check out material.
- The Trove is open for 45-minute appointments, three families (no more than four people per family) at a time. Call (914) 422-1476 or visit our online reservation system here and schedule an appointment. You must have a White Plains library card to book a Trove visit. One appointment a week. NOTE: Starting July 17th, appointments will no longer be necessary to visit the Trove. We will still be mindful of the number of people using the space at any given time, so we may ask you to wait a few moments before entering until another visitor leaves.
- Our Grab & Go service ended with the close of business, Wednesday, April 28th. Effective Thursday, April 29th we reverted to having a Holds collection. Patrons will need to come into the building and check out holds material.
- Come July 1st, we will return to regular hours (Monday-Thursday, 10:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m.; Friday, 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.; Saturday and Sunday, 1:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.).
- As we move into July, we are re-introducing many of our services, plus some new ones. For questions, or to book a service, call (914) 422-1480.
- Public computing is back. This week we brought five computers online, and will add more in the coming weeks. Copying and faxing–20 pages maximum–is also back.
- Seating is now available, including the long study tables as well as the counters behind the fiction collection.
- We've launched a new service: lending laptops. Each laptop comes bundled with a hotspot. Read more about our circulating laptop program here.
- Beginning July 1st, you can reserve a study room for up to two hours, for a maximum of two people. Read more about our study rooms here.
- On Tuesday, July 6th, the Friends Bookstore will reopen. The café will be opening later in the summer. We will begin accepting book donations later in the month, date TBD!
- Remember, masks must be worn at all times when in the Library. Please practice social distancing.
- All our programs will continue online for the foreseeable future.
- Museum Passes & HotSpots are available for patrons to checkout or reserve for future use here.
Over the coming weeks and months, we look forward to expanding our services and programs.
Questions? Drop me a line.